Are you ready to make it snow? This fun art tool lets you create an infinite number of snowflake designs. Make them colorful or plain, large or small. It’s all up to you and your creativity!
To create a snowflake, simply select a color from the palette at the bottom of the screen. Then, tap the screen to make four dots. Next, hit the spin button, which looks like a spiral, and watch the magic happen! To clear the board, hit the trashcan button.
This online symmetry game helps students learn about repetition of shapes, specifically rotational symmetry . Here are some ideas to help students explore the tool and learn more about art and symmetry:
- Ask students to place the dots far apart. Then, ask them to put dots close together. How are the results different?
- Ask students to create a traditional square shape. Then, ask them to create a trapezoid. How are the results different?
- Ask students to create a very thin polygon. What are the results like?
- Is it possible to make a snowflake with a hole in the middle? How?
- Invite students to create a snowflake using only cool colors.
- Invite students to create a snowflake using only warm colors.
- Invite students to copy one of their favorite snowflake designs on paper.
Visit classplayground.com for more activities and printables related to symmetry.